Midroc Automation has successfully concluded the largest industrial automation project this decade in Sweden. Midroc Automation has supplied the process control systems for LKAB's new concentration and pelletizing plant in Kiruna, Sweden.
The delivery was a complete functional undertaking, based on field bus technology. The scope comprised engineering, programming, control system, field devices, erection and commissioning. The project was executed in record-time, with at most 300 engineers and erection crew.
Process control system ABB 800xA, divided into 24 process stations. Field solution: Profibus-DP/PA and ASi
- Project guidelines, standards and templates
- Hardware engineering in Smartplant from Intergraph
- Programming with Functional Design and standars libraries
- Time schedule management in Primavera
- Construnction and assembly of cabionets and field devices
- Delivery of instruments and UPS solution
- Electrical and instrument erection
- 35 000 meters of cable ladders
- 700 000 meters of cabling
- 150 000 engineering hours